Communications & Digital Manager
The Communications & Digital Manager is a new post responsible for building the profile oour refreshed organisation, telling our evolving story as a leading arts and cultural organisation and raising awareness of the ground breaking and ambitious work we do. You will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective and innovative communications strategy to include media relations & PR, social media, stakeholder communications, and working at a local, regional and national level to share the next chapter of our story.
The Communications & Digital Manager will communicate all elements of the company, including the artistic programme, Humber Street Gallery, the volunteering programme and news from partners and stakeholders. They will also provide an effective approach to communicating with the national arts and cultural sector.
You will work closely with the Creative Director and Marketing Manager to deliver compelling messaging for all our work and can recognise opportunities and be quick to leverage them. Excellent writing skills, extensive media relations experience including social media and the ability to work closely with the team and a range of stakeholders are essential. This is an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative team player.
We are looking for a communications professional with skills in external and internal communications and a proactive approach, who will enjoy a challenge and be able to both plan and execute activity that will continue to build on the reputation secured through the success of the UK City of Culture year.
– Working closely with the Creative Director, Marketing Manager and wider team you will be accountable for the planning and implementation of all elements of our communications and messaging, including specific campaigns and general messaging.
– Development of materials (eg press releases, articles, briefings etc) to support the creative programme and the wider company throughout the year, working closely with the CEOs and senior team.
– Developing and leading on digital content and social strategies that help bring to life our story externally and internally, ensuring an ongoing flow of content for all key audiences, integrated with the wider communications plan.
– Developing and delivering a communications calendar of activities, maximising assets / news from across the company to include the website, social media channels, e-newsletter etc.
– Managing Hull 2017’s external reputation, working collaboratively with partners to ensure that our voice is heard at a local, regional and national level.
– Horizon scanning to keep abreast of activity, trends and opportunities and briefing the senior team on relevant information.
– Effective management of budgets, keeping in regular contact with the Finance Manager.
– Managing all communications resources to include suppliers, freelancers, agencies, printers and designers, deadlines are met.
– Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns in meeting the required objectives.
– Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Creative Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Proven track record of exceptional delivery with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
– A strategic storyteller, you have excellent news sense and editorial planning, strong writing skills, attention to detail and organisational skills.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, juggling numerous projects with tight deadlines.
– Ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities.
– Experience of developing strategies and content for social media and digital channels and using social media as part of wider media handling approach.
– Ability to handle sensitive / confidential information.
– Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / responses.
– Confident, persuasive individual who is comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
– Great team player with positive and enthusiastic approach.
– Ability and ambition to influence locally, regionally and nationally.
– Excellent copywriting, presentational and communication skills.
– Ability to work within defined budget parameters and report on budget status.
– An excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
– A passion for arts and culture and commitment to making it accessible to all.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Ability to work well with complexity and with multiple stakeholders.
– Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload.
– Related degree / qualifications – A Level and above.
– Experience working in a creative agency or arts organisation.
– Keen eye for detail and strong proof reading skills.
– A self-starter, with motivation, commitment and enthusiasm.
– Resilient, with the ability to cope with pressure and high expectations.
– A diligent individual who takes pride in their work, with a strong focus on attention to detail.
– Team player.
– Creative and excited by the transformative power of the arts.
– A hard-worker willing to adapt to different creative projects.
Download the full job description for Communications & Digital Manager [.pdf]
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Curriculum Vitae.
– Covering letter or supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4).
– Current salary and any salary expectations.
– Completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
CLOSING DATE: 23:59 on Sunday 22 April 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 3 May 2018
FURTHER INFORMATION: www.hull2017.co.uk
Hull 2017 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.