This show is rescheduled from April 13th, 2021. Original tickets remain valid.
Jeff Wayne’s multi-award-winning masterpiece, touring the major arenas of the UK and abroad since 2006, has had to postpone its previously announced 2021 UK and European Tour until March 2022.
Based on HG Wells’ dark Victorian tale, it remains a firm favourite to millions around the world, exciting audiences of all ages.
The arena shows will be well worth the wait.
In 2006 TWOTW was already considered a cutting edge production with six trucks filled to the brim. But in 2022, marking a momentous 16 years of live touring, the production will be up to 12, and with it, a host of ingredients and special effects that will challenge and excite the senses.
A stellar cast will also be announced very soon.
• Jeff Wayne conducting the Black Smoke Band and symphonic ULLAdubULLA strings.
• Liam Neeson in 3D holography as George Herbert, The Journalist.
• The iconic 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing real flame Heat Rays at the audience.
• Leaf drops over the audience.
• Mixed live in Surround Sound.
• The incineration of a Cast member in full view of the audience.
UPDATED FOR 2022:
• Giant arched bridge running from the lip of the stage out over the audience to the front-of-house desk.
• Three panoramic screens with 2 hours of cutting edge CGI and other content.
• Lighting and pyrotechnics
• Ground-breaking levitation effect.
NEW FOR 2022:
• Otherworldly special effects.
• The deadly black dust
plus ‘The War of The Worlds’ author, HG Wells – appearing in sight and sound.
|5 Apr 2022||7:00pm||£57.00 - £112.00||Book Now|
Bonus Arena is a state-of-the-art, music and events complex with a capacity of up to 3,500 people that will allow Hull to attract large corporate conferences, exhibitions and trade tours as well as major touring concerts, stand-up comedy, family shows and sporting events.