Conference Hull are set to launch a new ambassador programme aimed at academics, medics and business professionals who are passionate about their specialist field and keen to showcase Hull to their national and international colleagues. The programme is currently under development but please email email@example.com if you would like further information about how Conference Hull can support you in bringing your conference or event to Hull and East Yorkshire.
Frequently Asked Ambassador Questions
What is a HEY Ambassador
A HEY Ambassador is an academic, medic or professional that is keen to promote Hull and East Yorkshire as a conference and events destination. The team at Conference Hull offer the partnerships and support necessary to inspire and enable ambassadors to bid for and host prestigious national and international events in our region.
HEY Ambassadors, play a key and active role in helping to advocate Hull and East Yorkshire’s expertise, innovation and enterprising spirit to the world.
Who can become an ambassador?
Ambassadors are experts in their field and the key trait all our ambassadors require is a positive emotional bond to Hull & East Yorkshire or the aspirations of the region.
- Are you an active member of an Association, Federation, Society, Business Network or Sporting Organisation?
- Do you attend national or international events which could be held in Hull & East Yorkshire?
- Could you influence which host country or UK destination is chosen for future events?
- Does your organisation hold incentive (sales reward) programmes, executive retreats, board meetings, team building, planning days or product launches?
- Are you interested in bringing a national or international conference or event home to Hull & East Yorkshire?
If the answer to any of the above questions is YES, we would be interested to talk with you about becoming a HEY Ambassador.
You are influential so please use your influence!
Why become a HEY ambassador?
Business events have a big impact on the region not only economically, but also raising the profile of Hull & East Yorkshire and exposing fresh talent to the area.
As a HEY ambassador you can…
- Secure prestigious events for Hull & East Yorkshire
- Be recognised as a leader in your field of expertise
- Showcase your institution to global leaders as well as up and coming talent in your industry
- Shape conference programme content
- Generate positive economic benefit for Hull & East Yorkshire
- Raise the profile of your work amongst your peers, nationally and internationally
- Establish a platform for research projects and international collaboration
- Enhance the national and international profile of Hull & East Yorkshire as a world class tourism destination
- Benefit from spin off business opportunities
- Enjoy free and practical support from Conference Hull every step of the way
How can Conference Hull help our ambassadors?
Some of the services Conference Hull offer include: –
- Research – we can research the viability of hosting an event in Hull & East Yorkshire
- Venue Selection – using our established partnerships, we can assist with impartial venue selection and negotiate preferential rates for your event.
- Venue Inspection Visits – We can fund and coordinate site visits for the event’s key decision makers.
- Bid Preparation – We help to create bid documents, letters of support and bid presentations all in a variety of different formats as required.
- Promotional materials – We provide a range of brochures, video footage, presentations and information on the venues and the destination of Hull & East Yorkshire, to allow you, the Ambassador to communicate knowledgably on the conference facilities and services available in this area.
- Accommodation – We negotiate preferential rates at a selection of hotels, tailor-made for each event. We can also provide a bespoke web page where delegates can book accommodation online
- Social programmes – We can develop itinerary planning for tours, social events, partner packages, evening entertainment and corporate activities.
- Event Services – We identify and source local event suppliers.
- Event Delivery – We can assist with the delivery of the event using a variety of complimentary services such as the HEY Volunteers.
From the initial bid to the event itself, Conference Hull will work hard to support HEY Ambassadors to deliver successful events and provide positively unique experiences for attendees.
We have previously worked with a range of Hull Champions assisting them in bringing conferences and events to our region to great success…
Partner, Bridge McFarland
- Jurismus Meeting – 2.5 days – 40 attendees
Jurismus is the network for young Eurojuris lawyers across Europe.
“During the conference in Hull it was great to see the reaction of the attendees to the city and the variety of events arranged for them, after the conference the feedback from delegates was fantastic. It was great to talk through my ideas with the Conference Team and they came back with some great suggestions plus they did a lot of the legwork”
Chief Executive Officer, The Deep
- BIAZA Annual Conference – 3 days – 110 attendees
- BIAZA Learning and Presenters’ Conference – 3 days – 95 attendees
- 33rd European Union of Aquarium Curators (EUAC) Conference – 3.5 days – 154 attendees
“I think bringing conferences to Hull is a fantastic opportunity to showcase the city, It’s such a welcoming place. The Team at Conference Hull are a fantastic resource, they have so many skills between them and they are there to help”
Director of Education and Student Experience, Department of English, Creative Writing, and American Studies, University of Hull
- British Shakespeare Association – 3.5 days – 167 attendees
“I was in touch with the Conference Hull team from the very beginning, their help was invaluable. We wanted our conference to be an exceptional experience and Hull provided that for our delegates.”