The BFI is the lead organisation for UK film with a public and industry role covering the cultural, creative and economic aspects of film in the UK. Our ambition is to create a flourishing film environment in which innovation, opportunity and creativity can thrive. We create and support activities to bring forward the next generation of creative people, to give opportunity where it might not exist both for filmmakers and audiences. We want to make sure that film, television and all the arts of the moving image are central to all our cultural and creative lives by prioritising:
* Expanding education and learning and boosting audience choice;
* Supporting the future success of British film;
* Unlocking our film and television heritage.
As the distributor of National Lottery funds for film and a registered charity governed by Royal Charter we invest in talent and film development, production, distribution, exhibition, international development, film and television history and heritage, education and training. We celebrate difference and champion diversity.
* Connecting audiences to the widest choice of British and World cinema;
* Preserving and restoring the most significant film collection in the world for today and future generations;
* Championing emerging and world class film makers in the UK – investing in creative, distinctive and entertaining work;
* Promoting British film and talent to the world;
* Growing the next generation of film makers and audiences.