The Hull Maritime project has teamed up with local community arts group, #WeMadeThis to deliver a four year programme of maritime themed creative taster sessions across the city.
The Nautic’Hull Alphabet project enables us to communicate across Hull using nautical flags from The International Code of Signals. Each flag is an individual letter or a whole message. It could be your street name or the name of the place where you live, or your own name to wear as a badge, or on your door. It could be the name of your school, or a message to people passing by, the possibilities are endless.
You can make your own flags at several maker day crafty taster sessions:
- Western Library on Monday 14 February, 3 – 5pm
- Fred Moore Library on Wednesday 16 February, 3 – 4.30pm
- East Park Library on Saturday 19 February, 10.30am – 12noon
- Bransholme Library on Monday 21 February, 2 – 3.30pm Greenwood Library on Wed 23 February, 3 – 4.30pm
- Avenues Library on Sat 26 February, 10.30an – 12noon
- Big T’s Restaurant and Takeaway, 30 Oslo Rd HU7 0YN on Tuesday 22 February, 12noon – 2pm
- Cups and Scoops Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour 209 Chanterlands Ave HU5 3TT on Thursday 3 March, 2 – 4pm