We’re thrilled you’d like to attend Land of Green Ginger Unleashed on 11 Nov in Hull City Centre. We have provided some information below to help make your experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
WHAT, WHERE, WHEN
What day does ‘Land of Green Ginger Unleashed’ take place?
Land of Green Ginger Unleashed takes place on Saturday 11 November. The procession will start at 6:30pm and take approximately 90 minutes to reach the end.
What is ‘Land of Green Ginger Unleashed’?
Land of Green Ginger Unleashed is a thrilling and magical parade, which will make its way through the streets of Hull in a stunning culmination of the Land of Green Ginger project.
Where does ‘Land of Green Ginger Unleashed’ take place?
- Land of Green Ginger Unleashed will make its way through Hull city centre. The route starts at Vernon St and proceeds through Queens Dock Ave, Guildhall Road, Lowgate, Liberty Lane, High Street through to Humber Street. Download our Land of Green Ginger Unleashed route map (.PDF).
- The full parade will travel the whole route, so everywhere is the ‘best place’ to stand.
- There is no need to follow the procession. Take your position along the route and the full story will pass in front of you.
- If you feel too crowded move along the route to find a different spot. Our stewards will be on hand to guide you.
What time does Land of Green Ginger Unleashed begin and end?
- The procession will start at 6:30pm and take approximately 90 minutes to reach the end.
- You can experience the whole procession from a single position so there is no need to follow on. Take up a position on the route and watch the full story pass in front of you.
What preparations do I need to make?
- Land of Green Ginger Unleashed is free to attend, and no booking is required.
- We are expecting thousands of people to come to the procession, which takes place through the streets of Hull city centre.
Download the route map (.PDF) for details.
- The procession takes place outdoors in mid-November, so dress for the weather and please don’t bring umbrellas as they may block the view of others.
- Look out for our stewards who will help you to take up a position along the route. If you feel crowded, move along the route to find a different spot.
- No need to follow the procession. Take up a position the full story will pass in front of you.
Is there allocated seating?
- No seating is available.
- Please do not bring your own chairs as they will not be permitted.
CHILDREN & DOGS
Is ‘Land of Green Ginger Unleashed’ suitable for children?
- Yes, it is suitable for all ages.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The parade route includes long, wide streets, and we suggest that families with buggies and small children head to these streets to have the most comfortable viewing experience. For example, Guildhall Road and Lowgate.
- The procession itself will include loud music and pyrotechnic effects. We therefore advise using your own judgement regarding individual needs.
Are dogs allowed?
- Land of Green Ginger Unleashed may be a frightening experience for animals, so, with the exception of assistance dogs, we advise that you leave your pets at home.
GETTING TO HULL
How do I get to Hull?
- For details of getting to Hull by car, train, rail, air or sea, please see our handy guide.
- There will be a number of road closures in place to accommodate the procession through the city centre from 5pm on Saturday 11 November. Please see our handy guide for further details.
Some bus routes may be affected by road closures on Saturday 11 November. Notices will be placed at affected bus stops a week in advance to advise users of alternative stops. Use the following websites for further information:
EYMS have also added some more information to their site about diversions during this event, which you can read here.
- The best car parks to use for this event are George Street and Pryme Street, which are both opening late.
- Please note that we do not anticipate any issues with public transport on the day and we recommend this method of reaching the city centre.
- If you are in possession of a Blue Badge Parking permit there are plenty of options for parking in the city centre.
- For more details of driving and parking in Hull, cycling in the city or using buses and taxis with ease, check out our handy guide.
LOCAL FOOD & THINGS TO DO
Is food or drink available – or may I bring it with me?
There is no food or drink available at the show. However, there are dozens of places in Hull city centre to purchase refreshments – and we recommend trying a local restaurant, food outlet or pub prior to the show. Check out our handy guide.
What else is there to do in Hull before the show – or the day after?
There are dozens of things to do in Hull! For all the latest events and activities use the Hull 2017 website.
What considerations have been made for those with disabilities?
- If you are in possession of a Blue Badge Parking permit and are driving into the event, please see information on ‘Getting to Hull ’ for the best places to park.
- There will be a designated access area near Queen Victoria Gardens’ Rose Bowl. This area is set aside for wheelchair users, audience members who have difficulty standing for long periods of time, and audience members who may find it difficult to be in a crowded area. Please speak to a member of our team on arrival who will direct you to the accessible viewing area.
- In this area there will be a very limited number of seats available for those who have difficulty standing for long periods. Should you require a seat, please ask a member of our team.
- Please bear in mind that there may be thousands of people, and the procession itself will include loud music and pyrotechnic effects. We therefore advise using your own judgement regarding individual needs.
- Additional facilities to enhance the experience of those with disabilities may be added. Please refer back here for the latest information before you travel.
Can you provide information in alternative formats or languages?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide advance information in languages other than English. The event will be highly visual, and therefore it can be enjoyed regardless of which language you use.
Will Land of Green Ginger Unleashed be cancelled in bad weather?
The event is unlikely to be cancelled in bad weather, such as rain or light winds. If it does rain, please wear waterproofs and don’t use umbrellas, as this may block the view of the show for other people around you.
In the event of severe weather, such as storms and high winds, please check Facebook and Twitter in the first instance, where we will share up to date information, on the day and before you travel.
LOST PROPERTY & PEOPLE
I’ve lost something whilst at the event, what do I do?
If you lost something whilst you were attending Land of Green Ginger Unleashed, please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com with a description of the item then we’ll see if it was found and will let you know as soon as we can.
What do I do if I lose someone in the crowds?
If you lose someone, please make a member of our team aware of the situation and they will implement an official lost child/parent procedure. Event stewards will be clearly identifiable in a uniform.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Food and beverage items (excluding alcohol) may be brought to the site for personal consumption only. Food and beverage will not be for sale.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Admission to the site is at your own risk and the organisers have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, death, or injury to you or your property which is not caused by its negligence.
- You are not permitted to use professional audio, video and/or photographic equipment within the site without the express permission of the organisers.
- Flashing lights and other live event special effects will be used at some event as a part of the show.
- For outdoor events, please be prepared for inclement weather.
This is an outdoor event, so please be prepared for varying weather conditions. In the unlikely event we need to cancel notices will be posted via our social media channels and on the Hull 2017 website. Please check back here before travelling to the site.