A huge success in 2018, Bygone Beverley returns and is set to be one of our best themed events of the year! Gates open 11.30am.
Bring the whole family on this lovely bank holiday Monday to enjoy racing as it used to be as we recreate racing from the 1950s on the Westwood. As well as a great afternoon of racing action, there’s so much to see and do, with the racecourse and staff sporting a full 50s makeover.
– Catch the iconic Beverley Bar Bus from the centre of Beverley, to arrive in style (running times posted closer to the event)
– Take a spin on our full size vintage carousel
– Ride the classic 50s swingboats
– Learn to jive with our 50s dance lesson sessions for all (running times posted closer to the event)
– Visit our mysterious fortune teller to hear what the future will hold
– Bop to the Mad Dog Swing Band
– Gasp at Sam the Scam in his Bunko Booth
– Pose with our beautiful vintage cars, from classic Morris Minor to the elegant Rolls Royce
– Pet exotic animals from far away lands
– Request a tune from the traditional one-man-band
– Sample candyfloss spun in the true old fashioned way*
– Win prizes at our striped hoopla stalls and coconut shy*
– Get up close to meet stunning birds of prey*
* small charge applies for these attractions.
Disabled toilets are available in all enclosures and are all fitted with RADAR locks on them.
We are wheelchair friendly throughout most areas of the course, with disabled viewing stands overlooking the track and parade rings, and reduced mobility car parking close to the racecourse.
Beverley Racecourse is a welcoming horse racing venue set on the Westwood, just outside the historic town of Beverley. We've got everything you need for a fun day out; delicious Yorkshire food and drink, clean and attractive enclosures, friendly staff and thrilling racing. We run flat racing through the summer and a wide range of other events all year round.