The former St. Matthew’s Church was consecrated in 1870 and designed by architects Adams and Kelly. It is Listed Grade 2 and is one of only three surviving Victorian Anglican churches in the city and the only one with a spire.
In 2018 Giroscope acquired the former St. Matthew’s church situated on the corner of Boulevard and Anlaby Road. The building had been empty for over seven years and was facing an uncertain future.
Giroscope has already reinstated the War Memorial window into the western elevation of the building, one of its key heritage assets, along with the broached tower. Our plan is to renovate the building, working alongside Hull City Council’s conservation team. As well as returning the old church to its former glory, Giroscope plan to install work and office spaces into a mezzanine floor constructed into each aisle.
We encourage people to come and visit the building, both now and during the planned works to witness this exciting project unfold and are always happy to show people around.