Hull will be going chess crazy this summer with the city’s first Play Chess Festival.
The programme will last for three months and will take place across the city in parks, squares, libraries, shops, markets, cafés and pubs. It will be open to all ages, existing chess-players and those who just want to learn.
Events will range from fun day stalls in park events, to a ‘chess sesh’ in libraries. The fantastic programme will then culminate with the British Chess Championships in Hull in October.
See the launch at the of the Play Chess Festival at the Deep Click here
• August 4: Large Play Day – Queen’s Gardens (11am – 3pm)
• August 12: Chess Fun Day – Pearson Park (1 – 4pm)
• August 14: Live Chess – Queen Victoria Square (11am – 2pm)
• August 17: Chess Sesh – Hull Central Library (2 – 3:30pm)
• August 18: Chess Sesh – East Park Library (10:30am – 12:00pm)
• August 21: Family Day – Pearson Park (11am – 3pm)
• August 24: 1st online Hull & East Riding 4NCL match – Premier Division
• August 25-27: Junior Summer School at Hymers College
• August 28: Chessfest at Trinity Square and Trinity Market (11am – 4pm)
Hull City Centre