Hull will be going chess crazy this summer with the Play Chess Festival.
The Citywide festival programme will last for over two months and will take place across the city in parks, squares, libraries, shops, markets, cafés and pubs.
It will be open to all ages, existing chess-players and those who just want to learn.
- 24 and 25 June, Giant Chess Set at The Big Malarkey Festival, East Park. 10:30am – 4pm
- 1 July, Victoria Dock Fun Day, Victoria Park. 12:00pm -5:00pm
- 8 July, Central Library, Open Chess session. 11:00am – 1:00pm
- 16 July, Hull Chess Fest, Princes Quay, including Hull Juniors vs London Juniors online. 11:00am – 3:30pm
- 9 August, Play Day, Alderman Kneeshaw Park. 11:00am – 3:00pm
- 16 – 18 August, HDCA Junior Academy Summer School, Hymers College (£15 for full three day programme)
- 19 August, Central Library. Open Chess Session 11:00am – 1:00pm
- 23 August. Play Day, Pickering Park. 11:00am – 3:00pm
- 30 August. Sports and Games Day, Pearson Park 11:00am – 3:00pm
- 2 September, Freedom Festival Chess Challenge, Princes Dock Street. 10:00am – 3:00pm
- 8-10 September, Hull 4NCL Chess Congress, University of Hull
Hull City Centre