- Rossini: Duetto for cello and double bass
- Edgar Meyer: Duo for cello and double bass
- Aaron Minsky: Crack of Dawn, Like Crazy and Train Whistle for solo cello
- Jimmi Hendrix: Star-Spangled Banner arr. C.Waldock for solo cello
- Teppo Hauta-Aho: Kadenza for solo double bass
- Paganini: Fantasia for Cello and Double Bass
This programme showcases the versatility and virtuosity of cello and bass, documenting their rise from servants of the bass-line to versatile masters of expression!
We encounter classical/jazz/folk/rock crossover on a journey from the bel-canto lyricism of Rossini, to the effortless virtuosity of Paganini. Home-grown musicians Richard and Christina Waldock have performed all over the world and are happy to return to Hull with this fun and varied programme.
11am – 1pm: Cello and Double Bass masterclass (observers welcome)
4:45pm: Doors open
The University of Hull has been changing the way people think for 90 years. Our motto, Lampada Ferens, translates as ‘carrying the light of learning’, and over the years, we’ve shared that light with thousands of people from across the world. As England’s 14th-oldest university, we have a proud heritage of academic excellence, and a history of creating and inspiring life-changing research. And we have no plans to stop helping to build a better world.